What is WhatsApp Button?
A Whatsapp button is one of the features of the Facebook page with the help of which customers can engage with businesses through Whatsapp, on the Facebook page itself.
Whenever a user clicks the Whatsapp button, it opens a new conversation in the WhatsApp web if the user is on a desktop and the Whatsapp app if the user is on a mobile device.
Since Whatsapp is more convenient, adding a Whatsapp button to your Facebook page makes it easier for your customers to talk to you and take the desired action.
How to Add WhatsApp button on Facebook Page?
You need to connect your Whatsapp Business Account with your Facebook before adding a Whatsapp button on your Facebook page.
Here is the step-by-step guide with all the requirements you need to meet to connect the Whatsapp button on the Facebook page.
Requirements to Add WhatsApp button to Facebook Page
- A Facebook page for your business.
- A Whatsapp business account linked to your business phone number.
- The latest versions of the Facebook and Whatsapp Business apps if you’re using the WhatsApp app instead of Whatsapp API.
Step by Step guide: How To Add WhatsApp Button to Facebook Page
Once you’ve met all the above requirements, you’re all set to connect a Whatsapp button on your Facebook page, and it’s a pretty straightforward process. Follow the steps —
- Click “Settings” on your Facebook page.
- Click “Linked Accounts”
- Click “Whatsapp” on the left panel and enter the phone number used for your Whatsapp business account and click on “Send Whatsapp code”. You will receive a code on Whatsapp, enter it and click confirm.
- Click Add Button to add a Whatsapp button on your Facebook page.
And you’re all done!
Now your customers can talk to you through Whatsapp on your Facebook page.